What is Psychology?
Psychological treatments are widely used to assist individuals, couples and families. Psychologists are experts in human behaviour, having studied the brain, memory, learning, human development and the processes determining how people think, feel, behave and react. Psychologists apply their expertise using reliable and scientifically supported methods.
What is counselling?
- The process that occurs when a client and counsellor set aside time in order to explore difficulties which may include the stressful or emotional feelings of the client.
- A safe place to work through difficult feelings, experiences or behaviours, with a goal of facilitating positive change.
- A relationship of trust. Confidentiality is paramount to successful counselling.
How can Psychology help?
- Manage depression
- Manage Post-natal depression and transition to parenthood
- Overcome feelings of depression, anxiety and fear
- Manage stress and conflict at home and work
- Deal with grief, loss and trauma
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Enhance personal relationships
- Deal with problems related to alcohol and drug use and problem gambling.
- Manage chronic pain related to somatization
- Teach relaxation and meditation techniques.