Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna

Infrared (IR) saunas are an effective therapy for many medical conditions. Infrared wavelengths have the ability to penetrate human tissue which in turn produces a host of anti-aging health benefits. IR sauna raises the body’s core temperature by several degrees, therefore heating the body directly without heating the air in between. In an infrared sauna only 20% of the infrared energy heats the air, whilst the other 80% is directly converted to heat in the body. This lower temperature used in an IR sauna makes it safe and comfortable for those clients that don’t tolerate heat well.

Not only does the Infrared (IR) sauna induce perspiration at a lower temperature than a conventional sauna, but the deeply penetrating radiant heat warms the body’s fat thus increasing its solubility. This then allows for the release of toxins stored in the fatty tissue which is then transported to the sweat glands and excreted. This technique allows the body to eliminate a host of potentially immunosuppressive compounds such as pesticides, petrochemicals, organic solvents, and heavy metals which are stored in the fatty tissue of the body. Typically, these toxic compounds are not easily dislodged and eliminated. The use of an IR sauna accelerates the removal process without taxing the eliminative organs of the liver and kidneys.

read more

The increase in the body’s core temperature by an Infrared (IR) sauna stimulates a host of health enhancing and disease preventing physiological processes, such as immune and enzyme activity, collagen production, peripheral circulation and detoxification via sweat. Infrared (IR) saunas also have a therapeutic benefit on a range of pain-related conditions such as sports injuries, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue.

Additionally, Infrared (IR) saunas can be extremely beneficial for wound healing and for those suffering from skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and cellulite. This is because the sweating caused by deep heat helps eliminate dead skin cells, and improves skin tone and elasticity. Weight loss is also facilitated through use of an IR sauna, mostly due to an increase in human growth hormone ( HGH ) that it produces. Furthermore, it has been calculated that one can burn up to 600 calories in a 30 minute IR sauna session.

This clinic uses a Full Spectrum Sunlighten Infrared sauna which differs from the Far Infrared Saunas commonly used, and as a result has a much broader range of therapeutic applications:

Near Infrared (NIR) : the hottest most intense wavelength providing unique benefits for wound healing, cellular health and skin cleansing.

Mid Infrared (MIR) : most benefits pain states, circulation and weight loss.

Far Infrared (FIR) : provides the deepest sweat possible and is best for detoxification, blood pressure reduction and relaxation.


Therapeutic Applications

  • Acne

  • Antiaging

  • Arthritis

  • Autoimmune Disorders

  • Chronic Pain

  • Circulation

  • Detoxification

  • Fatigue

  • Fibromyalgia

  • Immune stimulation

  • Psoriasis

  • Relaxation

  • Sports Recovery

  • Weight Loss

show less